WHO IS JESUS? ??????????
d***@.
2011-09-07 21:55:12 UTC
WHO IS JESUS?
A fiction
That's one of countless possibilities Goober, and I have no good reason to
put faith in it being the correct one. Neither do you btw, Goo. Your faith that
God does not exist is in no way superior to someone else's faith that he does
Goob. You are in no way superior to Southern Baptists Goo. You just put your
faith in a different possibity, and that's all. I'm not a Southern Baptist as
you so cluelessly believe Goober, but I do consider the possibility of God's
existence which makes me superior to you in that respect, and I'm thankful to
him and Jesus for what Jesus went did for mankind. And with the influence Jesus
had, you might not ever have been born if Jesus realy was just a fiction Goo.
LOL...you could have no idea whether that's the case or not, yet you act like
you know...LOL...
No.
You do act like you know Goober, but I know you don't. There's no way you
could know. Your faith is in no way superior to anyone else's, and it's inferior
to many people's. You have no good reason to have faith God does not exist, but
many people have good reason to believe he does whether he does or not.
Clearly what humans have accomplished in a few thousand years (not counting
the previous 90K+ years of not doing much of shit) and the number of galaxies in
the universe, suggests there are superior beings out there and some of them
could be considered gods. Just from those two considerations it seems more
likely than not that there are gods in the universe Goob. The bigger question
would be whether or not any of them have influence on Earth. Again you don't
know, and almost certainly you could not think realistically about the
possibility of God's existence. You can't even do it for livestock who we know
exist Goo, so considering the possibility of God's existence is way beyond your
mental limitations. You've already made it clear that's the case Goo...LOL...but
if you don't mind making it even clearer I feel sure it would be amusing to see,
so please do.
No.
So you concede that you don't know whether God exists or not any better than
anyone else does Goo and your faith is in no way superior to anyone else's, so
you've outstupided yourself every time you claimed that God doesn't exist, or
that someone else is stupid for believing in his existence, etc.
It is not a question of faith in any way.
Goober if you believe God does not exist then you have whatever amount of
faith that you're correct. If you don't really have any faith that he does not
then you're stupid for insulting people for considering the possibility that he
does, or for believing that he does. If you do have faith that God doesn't exist
then you do, but it's still not better than anyone else's faith since you could
have nothing to base it on. Either way you outstupid yourself again when you
make claims like you do that God doesn't exist, and insult people for believing
in him, etc.
You always write that
Many people who claim to believe God doesn't exist are also ashamed of their
faith in that being the correct possibility Goo. I just point it out.
LOL...amusingly Goob, I've even known some of them to refer to their faith as
"knowledge", as if somehow they could find out that God does not exist. How
could a person get any more clueless than that, Goo?
. . .
Actually you're
more clueless than the average person Goob, since most people seem to accept
that Jesus did exist whether he was the son of God, or God come to Earth, or
whatever... LOL...if he was just "a fiction" then it had more influence than any
other in the history of mankind Goo. And if he did exist regardless of whether
or not he was what he said, he had more influence than probably any person who
has ever existed. Does that bother you, Goo?
panamfloyd@hotmail.com rade
2011-09-07 19:07:48 UTC
On Sep 7, 5:55 pm, ***@. wrote:

snip
    Goober if you believe God does not exist then you have whatever amount of
faith
Great. Another fucking moron trying to shift the burden of proof.
Listen up, genius..just because whether or not gods exist is important
to *you*-it doesn't mean it's important to anyone else.

If you're a theist, you're claiming some crazy shit. And there's no
"faith" involved when an atheist tells you he doesn't believe you.
Learn it, live it, love it.

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
"..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain

Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html
George Plimpton
2011-09-07 19:14:42 UTC
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
snip
Post by d***@.
Goober if you believe God does not exist then you have whatever amount of
faith
Great. Another fucking moron trying to shift the burden of proof.
Listen up, genius..just because whether or not gods exist is important
to *you*-it doesn't mean it's important to anyone else.
Fuckwit David Harrison ('***@.') is a true-believing Southern Baptist who
develops a weird, irrational angle for everything he tries to discuss.
He keeps blabbering irrationally about atheists having "faith" that god
doesn't exist, but he always says the same thing without ever really
showing he understands what the other people are saying.
panamfloyd@hotmail.com rade
2011-09-07 19:31:20 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
snip
     Goober if you believe God does not exist then you have whatever amount of
faith
Great. Another fucking moron trying to shift the burden of proof.
Listen up, genius..just because whether or not gods exist is important
to *you*-it doesn't mean it's important to anyone else.
develops a weird, irrational angle for everything he tries to discuss.
He keeps blabbering irrationally about atheists having "faith" that god
doesn't exist, but he always says the same thing without ever really
showing he understands what the other people are saying.
I grew up SouBap. Trust me..if he's anything like the people I met
when I was a kid, he really *doesn't* understand what other people
say. It's astonishing just how out of touch with reality they can be.
I used to wonder how they could hold a steady job-until I realized
they were all employed by other Baptist freaks.

-PF, Atl.
#2015/KoBAAWA!
d***@.
2011-09-08 16:34:06 UTC
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by George Plimpton
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
snip
     Goober if you believe God does not exist then you have whatever amount of
faith
Great. Another fucking moron trying to shift the burden of proof.
Listen up, genius..just because whether or not gods exist is important
to *you*-it doesn't mean it's important to anyone else.
develops a weird, irrational angle for everything he tries to discuss.
He keeps blabbering irrationally about atheists having "faith" that god
doesn't exist, but he always says the same thing without ever really
showing he understands what the other people are saying.
I grew up SouBap. Trust me..if he's anything like the people I met
when I was a kid, he really *doesn't* understand what other people
say. It's astonishing just how out of touch with reality they can be.
I agree. But you seem in a similar position from my pov. To me it's no more
astonishing for someone to believe the Earth is only 12K~ years old, than it is
to think gods could not exist.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
I used to wonder how they could hold a steady job-until I realized
they were all employed by other Baptist freaks.
The first time one of them told me 'the Earth is only 12 thousand years old
you know' I was astonished. The guy was the head librarian in a big church,
telling shit like that to people and considering it to be education. When I
asked him what he thought about carbon dating and fossils etc he said God just
makes it "look" like that's how things happened. To me that is insanity. If God
exists it seems pretty obvious that he made use of the evolutionary method of
creation which took billions of years. Unless he came along at some point later
in the game after it had started to cool off pretty well.... Yeah yeah, you're
lost immediately thinking about stuff like that. To me both things are similar.
Yours is a great restriction in thinking which is a mistake, and theirs' is a
great mistake in thinking.

Speaking of mistakes, and believing incorrect things: Goo has already lied
to you several times. It's what he does. If I tell you something wrong it's a
mistake, but Goo lies pretty consistently and as I said he has already lied to
you more than once. His name is not Georpe Plimpton, and I'm not a Southern
Baptist. I also don't have a true belief either way about whether or not God
exists, though things I've experienced encourage me to believe he does. I also
believe Goo lied when he said I don't understand what the other person is saying
because I feel that I do understand what they're trying to get me to believe,
sometimes regardless of what they actually say. Goo lies a lot, so that applies
to him a lot.
In your case I believe you're saying that not believing in God is not a type
of faith, it's just not believing. IF that's all you're saying then you're
right, BUT, then you go on to criticize people for believing in God. There you
let it be known that you don't just not have a belief, but you do believe God
does not exist. So I do understand what you want me to believe, and also the way
it actually is. The final question now becomes: do you honestly not understand
your position yourself?
panamfloyd@hotmail.com rade
2011-09-12 02:19:48 UTC
Post by d***@.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by George Plimpton
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
snip
Post by d***@.
[...]
Please see my reply to your other post regarding your inability to
imagine that there are people who don't *care* if gods exist.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.atheism/msg/1f68bf791780eae7
Post by d***@.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
I used to wonder how they could hold a steady job-until I realized
they were all employed by other Baptist freaks.
The first time one of them told me 'the Earth is only 12 thousand years old
you know' I was astonished. The guy was the head librarian in a big church,
telling shit like that to people and considering it to be education. When I
asked him what he thought about carbon dating and fossils etc he said God just
makes it "look" like that's how things happened. To me that is insanity.
Agreed.
Post by d***@.
If God
exists it seems pretty obvious that he made use of the evolutionary method of
creation which took billions of years.
Or perhaps gods do not exist. Occam's Razor & such.
Post by d***@.
Unless he came along at some point later
in the game after it had started to cool off pretty well.... Yeah yeah, you're
lost immediately thinking about stuff like that.
Well, not accepting YEC is a step in the right direction, but if you
can't understand that people exist who DO NOT CARE if gods exist,
you're going to continue to make the false equation between people who
accept modern biology & geology, and people who do not believe in
gods.
Post by d***@.
To me both things are similar.
Stinks to be you. Only empathy I have for ya as that I once felt the
same thing..

..when I was TWELVE YEARS OLD! I grew up. If all our arguments are
going to begin with, "To me...", than my own would be, "To me, you
need to grow the fuck up."

Fortunately, personal anecdotes and opinions are not evidence-either
mine about your age, or *yours* about my atheism.
Post by d***@.
Yours is a great restriction in thinking which is a mistake,
So I'm `restricting my thinking' by discarding the possibility of the
existence of gods? I've been told by the same Cretinist (that's
atheist language for "creationists") crowd with which *you've* seemed
to have so much trouble with as well that I'm `restricting my
thinking' by discarding their madness. You really can't see that
they're the same? Oh well..the old atheist adage holds true
again..it's impossible to "reason" a person out of an irrational
belief they hold for emotional purposes.
Post by d***@.
and theirs' is a
great mistake in thinking.
Speaking of mistakes, and believing incorrect things: Goo has already lied
to you several times. It's what he does.
Uh, I had hardly heard of the guy until you decided to add alt.atheism
to the discussion groups.
Post by d***@.
If I tell you something wrong it's a
mistake, but Goo lies pretty consistently and as I said he has already lied to
you more than once. His name is not Georpe Plimpton,
Oh, I know. George Plimpton was an American writer. He made his way
into the public eye by writing about what it would be like if an
"average guy" attempted to participate in professional sports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Plimpton

If you're a fan of US-style football, go get "Paper Lion". You'll
enjoy it.
Post by d***@.
and I'm not a Southern
Baptist.
If you're still a theist..pray to whatever the fuck passes for "god"
this week-with a truckload of thanks.
Post by d***@.
I also don't have a true belief either way about whether or not God
exists, though things I've experienced encourage me to believe he does. I also
believe Goo lied when he said I don't understand what the other person is saying
because I feel that I do understand what they're trying to get me to believe,
sometimes regardless of what they actually say. Goo lies a lot, so that applies
to him a lot.
Irrelevant. Come to think of it, I was incorrect with my comment
above. I *have* seen that guy before..but can't recall whether he's a
theist or not. Which is also irrelevant, because whatever he is, he
hasn't posted in alt.atheism enough for me to be able to tell what
side of the table he sits.
Post by d***@.
In your case I believe you're saying that not believing in God is not a type
of faith, it's just not believing. IF that's all you're saying then you're
right, BUT, then you go on to criticize people for believing in God.
Because people who believe in gods damage modern societies.

http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html
http://www.epjournal.net/filestore/EP07398441_c.pdf

If rational, scientific data doesn't get yer mojo working, just google
"muslim rape Europe", and there's plenty of emotional reason to
justify criticizing theism.
Post by d***@.
There you
let it be known that you don't just not have a belief, but you do believe God
does not exist.
Again, I DO NOT CARE. There is no evidence gods exist. There is
increasing evidence that gods are not *required* for existence.
Post by d***@.
So I do understand what you want me to believe,
I don't want you to "believe" anything. You think gods exist? Fine.
Just keep that shit away from my kids and the laws governing my
society. Go crazy! Speak in tongues, handle snakes, rattle chicken
bones, genuflect to icons, or whatever the fuck you people do. The
only "private" theistic behavior that should be illegal would be
mutilation of children (IIRC, Jewish & Muslim people call it
"circumcision"), and the denial of medical treatment of sick children
(again, IIRC, Christian Science, Jehova's Witnesses, Amish,
Mennonites, and a bunch of others). Oh, to that, add the Muslim hatred
of women. Rape & slavery of women shouldn't be legal either.
Post by d***@.
and also the way
it actually is. The final question now becomes: do you honestly not understand
your position yourself?
The way you've phrased that question is evidence that you don't
understand a fucking thing I've said.

To someone who is only concerned with the damage done to society by
people who believe in gods, your question is ridiculous. To me, the
only "final question" I'd ever ask would be "Will I survive the
surgery?!?" shortly before I did not. As long as I live, I'll have
plenty of questions.

But none of them will be about something as irrelevant to modern life
as the existence of gods.

-Mark Twain
d***@.
2011-09-13 19:56:10 UTC
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by d***@.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by George Plimpton
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
snip
Post by d***@.
If God
exists it seems pretty obvious that he made use of the evolutionary method of
creation which took billions of years.
Or perhaps gods do not exist.
That's one of countless possibilities. I have no reason to put faith in that
being the correct one. Neither does anyone else btw, though many people appear
to do so none the less.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Occam's Razor & such.
That's meaningless in regards to this topic.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by d***@.
Unless he came along at some point later
in the game after it had started to cool off pretty well.... Yeah yeah, you're
lost immediately thinking about stuff like that.
Well, not accepting YEC is a step in the right direction, but if you
can't understand that people exist who DO NOT CARE if gods exist,
you're going to continue to make the false equation between people who
accept modern biology & geology, and people who do not believe in
gods.
Some people can't consider the possibility of gods' existence in a realistic
way and other people can. Many people who do consider the possibility of God's
existence don't do it in a realistic way imo. No strong atheists do, or are even
capable of doing so imo or they would instead of clinging to the possibility
they cling to.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by d***@.
To me both things are similar.
Stinks to be you. Only empathy I have for ya as that I once felt the
same thing..
What did you feel that you think might be "the same thing"?
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
..when I was TWELVE YEARS OLD! I grew up. If all our arguments are
going to begin with, "To me...", than my own would be, "To me, you
need to grow the fuck up."
And to me you never did. You could never consider the possibility of God's
existence in a realistic way, but you are STILL trapped thinking about it the
same way you did as a child. My thinking grew and matured but yours has remained
as it did when you were a child. If instead it had matured and you had learned
to consider the possibility in a realistic way, then that's what you would still
be doing because you would have LEARNED it and advanced. Instead you're still
stuck thinking about it as you did when you were a child and you can not
advance. That's not just "to me" either. That's the way it is, and it's possible
that you're mentally unable to overcome it.
Post by d***@.
Yours is a great restriction in thinking which is a mistake,
So I'm `restricting my thinking' by discarding the possibility of the
existence of gods?
As much as it's possible to in that regard, yes. You are in the group of
most restricted thinking people on the planet. Congratulations I guess. Since
that's what you appear to want you should be proud of the fact, though in
reality you're probably ashamed to even admit it much less be proud.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
I've been told by the same Cretinist (that's
atheist language for "creationists") crowd with which *you've* seemed
to have so much trouble with as well that I'm `restricting my
thinking' by discarding their madness. You really can't see that
they're the same?
You ARE among the most restricted thinking people on Earth. That much is
obviously true, since there's no more restricted way of thinking than yours is.
Post by d***@.
and I'm not a Southern
Baptist.
If you're still a theist..pray to whatever the fuck passes for "god"
this week-with a truckload of thanks.
The point is that Goo lied to you. I warn people about that, and then they
take it from there. Some people want to believe Goo's lies, and some even join
in and help him. Others hate his lies, and point them out as I do. I point out
when he lies to people as I did you, and see how you respond to the fact.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by d***@.
I also don't have a true belief either way about whether or not God
exists, though things I've experienced encourage me to believe he does. I also
believe Goo lied when he said I don't understand what the other person is saying
because I feel that I do understand what they're trying to get me to believe,
sometimes regardless of what they actually say. Goo lies a lot, so that applies
to him a lot.
Irrelevant.
Not at all. But by saying that you suggest that you are VERY comfortable
with lies and no doubt other forms of dishonesties.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Come to think of it, I was incorrect with my comment
above. I *have* seen that guy before..but can't recall whether he's a
theist or not. Which is also irrelevant, because whatever he is, he
hasn't posted in alt.atheism enough for me to be able to tell what
side of the table he sits.
You may have encountered him before and not known it. We began calling him
Goo in large part because he has dishonestly posted as so many "different"
people that a name needed to be used to identify the individual regardless of
who he is dishonestly pretending to be at the time. Some say his real name is
Jon, but others say no and we don't know for sure. If you remember encountering
any of the following, they are all different characters Goo has pretended to be
over the years:

Jonathan Ball
Citizen
Benfez
Wilson Woods
Radical Moderate
Bingo
Edward
George
Bill
Fred
Mystery Poster
Merlin the dog
Bob the dog
***@onairos.com
elvira
Dieter
"Dieter ***@deutsche_telekom.de"
<***@yahoo.com>
Abner Hale
Roger Whitaker
Fucktard
Apoo
Ted Bell
***@yahoo.com
Jay Santos
***@chicago.not
Rudy Canoza
Trappist
***@yahoo.com
Leif Erikson
S. Maizlich
SlipperySlope
Eden
Sylvia Stevens
chico chupacabra
S. Maizlich
T. Howard Pines, Jr.
George Plimpton
Chrissy Degeer
Mauricio Rodriguez, Nihada Tutic and Tim Goss
Pete Crayne, Dare Adelekan, Cathy Demkiw, and about 16 others
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by d***@.
In your case I believe you're saying that not believing in God is not a type
of faith, it's just not believing. IF that's all you're saying then you're
right, BUT, then you go on to criticize people for believing in God.
Because people who believe in gods damage modern societies.
So do people who disbelieve, so you have no argument there. So far you don't
have any argument at all, but I'll let you know if you produce one.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html
http://www.epjournal.net/filestore/EP07398441_c.pdf
If rational, scientific data doesn't get yer mojo working, just google
"muslim rape Europe", and there's plenty of emotional reason to
justify criticizing theism.
Not all of it. There's no reason to even try, so why do you try?
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by d***@.
There you
let it be known that you don't just not have a belief, but you do believe God
does not exist.
Again, I DO NOT CARE.
It doesn't really matter if you care or not, that's still the way it is.
LOL...what if you did care? How would it be any different to me?
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
There is no evidence gods exist. There is
increasing evidence that gods are not *required* for existence.
We already know that. Duh. Again, it's meaningless. It's meaningless whether
or not there are bad theists, whether you care or not, and that gods are not
required for existence. Since gods would have to come about somehow, it seems
pretty obvious life could and did develop without the help of gods even if the
majority of people think it could be different somehow.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by d***@.
So I do understand what you want me to believe,
I don't want you to "believe" anything.
You want me to believe your own faith is superior to that of all others, and
I feel certain you want me to consider your faith to be "knowledge" and you may
even believe it is yourself, though I'm well aware that it's not.
Post by d***@.
and also the way
it actually is. The final question now becomes: do you honestly not understand
your position yourself?
The way you've phrased that question is evidence that you don't
understand a fucking thing I've said.
To someone who is only concerned with the damage done to society by
people who believe in gods, your question is ridiculous. To me, the
only "final question" I'd ever ask would be "Will I survive the
surgery?!?" shortly before I did not. As long as I live, I'll have
plenty of questions.
But none of them will be about something as irrelevant to modern life
as the existence of gods.
You don't know whether it's relevant or not. You just guess about it like
everyone else does, unless of course God does exist and gives some people more
than just a guess to go on. Some people could know God exists if he does, but no
one could know he doesn't exist even if he does not.
panamfloyd@hotmail.com rade
2011-09-13 18:14:01 UTC
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Post by George Plimpton
snip
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Occam's Razor & such.
    That's meaningless in regards to this topic.
What, just because the discussion is about gods? Saying such a thing
smacks of special pleading to me.

As does the rest of your post, rendering it irrelevant.

snip

d***@.
2011-09-08 16:29:37 UTC
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
snip
    Goober if you believe God does not exist then you have whatever amount of
faith
Great. Another fucking moron trying to shift the burden of proof.
Apparently you're another fucking moron trying to shift the burden of your
own faith. Trying to do that is caused by your shame. Your shame is that your
own faith is in no way superior to that of those you ridicule...LOL...but you
very badly want it to be and don't like having it pointed out that it's not.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Listen up, genius..just because whether or not gods exist is important
to *you*-it doesn't mean it's important to anyone else.
Now you've changed the subject to importance.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
If you're a theist, you're claiming some crazy shit.
The idea that there are no beings we could consider gods in the universe
seems at least incredibly ignorant, if not crazy, from my pov. LOL...do you
think we may be the most advanced beings in the universe? If not, how about the
galaxy? Or maybe you think this is the only planet in the whole universe that
has life on it? Or in the galaxy?
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
And there's no
"faith" involved when an atheist
There are weak atheists and strong atheists. Weak atheists don't have a
belief so they should consider the possibility of God's existence. Strong
atheists have the belief that God does not exist, and how much faith they have
that that is correct is what determines how strong an atheist they are or are
not.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
tells you he doesn't believe you.
How strongly you believe I'm wrong is the amount of faith you have that I
am. You shouldn't be ashamed of it, but you are. Why, is the question. One
reason as I pointed out is that you want to consider YOUR faith to be superior.
Well, everyone does of course, but you want to take it to the extreme of saying
your own faith is not faith. You haven't moved on from there to say what you
want to call your own faith since you don't want to call it faith. Very few will
say what they want to call it but at least one person has in the past. He wanted
to call it "knowledge". LOL......
Christopher A. Lee
2011-09-08 16:58:11 UTC
On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 09:29:37 -0700, ***@. wrote:

when did this seriously mentally ill individual get out of the
killfile?

Has he changed his nym or his address?

Anyway, back he goes.
Post by d***@.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
snip
    Goober if you believe God does not exist then you have whatever amount of
faith
And here dh@ yet again demonstrates he is a liar as well as an idiot.

A pig-ignorant moron who is too stupid to understand the world and
people outside his religion.

So he invents positions anybody with greater than room temperature
knows they don't have, and amateur-psychologises these.

But like all religious narcissists he doesn't realise they only
project his own serious deficiencies, because his is the only mind set
he knows.
Post by d***@.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Great. Another fucking moron trying to shift the burden of proof.
Apparently you're another fucking moron
Liar.
Post by d***@.
trying to shift the burden of your
Liar.
Post by d***@.
own faith.
Liar.
Post by d***@.
Trying to do that
Liar.
Post by d***@.
is caused by your shame.
Liar.
Post by d***@.
Your shame
Liar.
Post by d***@.
is that your
own faith
Liar.
Post by d***@.
is in no way superior to that of those you ridicule.
Liar.

If you mentally ill lunatics kept your stupidity to yourselves instead
of wiping it in out faces, we wouldn't even know about it yet alone
ridicule it.
Post by d***@.
..LOL...but you
very badly want it to be
Liar.
Post by d***@.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Listen up, genius..just because whether or not gods exist is important
to *you*-it doesn't mean it's important to anyone else.
Now you've changed the subject to importance.
No, liar.

It's why you mentally ill psychos can't keep your bullshit to
yourself, and why you lie about the negative reaction to your own
stupidity and rudeness.
Post by d***@.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
If you're a theist, you're claiming some crazy shit.
The idea that there are no beings we could consider gods in the universe
seems at least incredibly ignorant,
Where did he say that, liar?

The problem is that you Liars For God never provide any evidence for
them, so they remain merely your deluded fantasies that you haven't
the common sense or courtesy to keep[ where they belong - inside your
religions.
Post by d***@.
if not crazy, from my pov. LOL...
You think your rudeness, stupidity and personal lies are funny?

Get help for your mental illness.
Post by d***@.
do you
think
You certainly don't.
Post by d***@.
we may be the most advanced beings in the universe? If not, how about the
galaxy? Or maybe you think this is the only planet in the whole universe that
has life on it? Or in the galaxy?
Idiot.

Most of don't even give it a thought.
Post by d***@.
There are weak atheists and strong atheists. Weak atheists don't have a
belief so they should consider the possibility of God's existence.
Why should we, moron?

This is the real world where your god called God is merely one of
hundreds of equivalent beliefs.

And no different from any of the others like Zeus, Odin, Krishna etc
until you demonstrate objectively that it is it real and all the
others aren't.

Are you really honestly this stupid or just being an in-your-face
personally nasty liar for the sake of it?
Post by d***@.
Strong
atheists have the belief that God does not exist,
Liar.

It's just how they use language - and in any case is no different than
saying there are no leprechauns.

What's wrong with you?
Post by d***@.
and how much faith they have
Liar.
Post by d***@.
You shouldn't be ashamed of it,
He has nothing to be ashamed of, liar.
Post by d***@.
but you are.
Liar.
Post by d***@.
Why, is the question.
A question whose very premise is a personally nasty lie.
Post by d***@.
One
reason as I pointed out is that you want to consider YOUR faith to be superior.
He doesn't any faith, liar.
Post by d***@.
Well, everyone does of course,
The narcissist projects himself again.
Post by d***@.
but you want
Liar.
Post by d***@.
to take it to the extreme of saying
your own faith
He doesn't have any, liar.
Post by d***@.
is not faith.
He doesn't have any, liar.
Post by d***@.
You haven't moved on from there to say what you
want to call your own faith since you don't want to call it faith.
More of the same lies.
Post by d***@.
Very few will
say what they want to call it but at least one person has in the past.
That's what theists do, liar.
Post by d***@.
He wanted
to call it "knowledge". LOL......
Knowledge from conclusions by applying logic to what you in-your-face
stupid psychotics insist on telling us whether or not we are
interested.

Here's a clue: keep you bullshit to yourselves and nobody will give it
a thought.

But insist that it is true , and insist on attributes that reduce it
to zero then we know it cannot exist.
d***@.
2011-09-13 19:55:35 UTC
. . .
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by d***@.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
    Goober if you believe God does not exist then you have whatever amount of
faith
A pig-ignorant moron who is too stupid to understand the world and
people outside his religion.
I understand that your faith is no way superior to anyone else's. You not
only can not understand that fact...LOL...but you probably consider your own
faith to be "knowledge". LOL...
. . .
Post by Christopher A. Lee
If you mentally ill lunatics kept your stupidity to yourselves instead
of wiping it in out faces, we wouldn't even know about it yet alone
ridicule it.
LOL! Your stupid remarks ridicule you, not the possibility of God's
existence. They also ridicule your own faith, btw. By denying your own faith you
ridicule yourself AND your faith.
. . .
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by d***@.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
Listen up, genius..just because whether or not gods exist is important
to *you*-it doesn't mean it's important to anyone else.
Now you've changed the subject to importance.
No
Liar.
Post by Christopher A. Lee
, liar.
It's why you mentally ill psychos can't keep your bullshit to
yourself, and why you lie about the negative reaction to your own
stupidity and rudeness.
LOL! What in the fuck do you think you're trying to talk about?
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by d***@.
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
If you're a theist, you're claiming some crazy shit.
The idea that there are no beings we could consider gods in the universe
seems at least incredibly ignorant,
Where did he say that
Do you think he believes there are some somewhere, but there just couldn't
be any associated with Earth for some reason? LOL! What a concept.
. . .
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by d***@.
we may be the most advanced beings in the universe? If not, how about the
galaxy? Or maybe you think this is the only planet in the whole universe that
has life on it? Or in the galaxy?
Idiot.
Most of don't even give it a thought.
That's one of the things that puts you amoung the most clueless people on
Earth regarding this topic.
. . .
Post by Christopher A. Lee
Post by d***@.
He wanted to call it "knowledge". LOL......
Knowledge from conclusions by applying logic
LOL! Your supposed knowledge about the entire universe comes from the
perspective of a group of beings who can't even travel to the outskirts of their
own star system...LOL....
. . .
Post by Christopher A. Lee
we know it cannot exist.
LOL!!!!!!!
p***@hotmail.com
2011-09-12 01:16:07 UTC
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
snip
    Goober if you believe God does not exist then you have whatever amount of
faith
Great. Another fucking moron trying to shift the burden of proof.
    Apparently you're another fucking moron trying to shift the burden of your
own faith.
I am an atheist. I have no "faith". You consider the "question of
existence" as an important one? Your problem, not mine. From a
rational standpoint, the theist is making the claim. From the
standpoint of the evidence, it's an extraordinary claim. After
seriously studying the evidence, I find the likelihood of the
"supernatural" extremely unlikely..and therefore, UNIMPORTANT. Why do
so many thiests have a problem understanding such a simple concept?
There's a reason we crack those old chestnuts about Santa & the Tooth
Fairy all the time..it's trying to get it through a theist's head that
the concepts actually *are* equally vacuous within our own.

I don't *care* if gods exist. The only reason I discuss it is that
many of the people who *do* care wish to harm modern societies. Seems
to me that one way to protect those societies is to show the complete
rational bankruptcy of god-belief, and hope that otherwise rational
people will find the ability to reject that nonsense after being
exposed to the evidence. Fewer "godbots" means fewer bad decisions in
the ballot box, fewer restraints on human rights (most theistic
traditions are quite "tribal" and exclusionary), and a focus upon the
long-term view, rather than the short-term.

I'm snipping the rest of your projections, since they're based on a
faulty premise.
Many folks say that the peer review process works because it is done by people that are
edcuated in their respective fields. These people go over all of the data to validate it
and verify the correctness.
You don't think education is worthwhile? Next time you need surgical
care, let Joe the Plumber do it instead. I'm so fucking sick of the
anti-intellectual crap coming out of so many Americans' mouths (and
ironically, keyboards).

snip moronic question

d***@.
2011-09-13 19:56:17 UTC
Post by p***@hotmail.com
Post by ***@hotmail.com rade
snip
    Goober if you believe God does not exist then you have whatever amount of
faith
Great. Another fucking moron trying to shift the burden of proof.
    Apparently you're another fucking moron trying to shift the burden of your
own faith.
I am an atheist. I have no "faith". You consider the "question of
existence" as an important one? Your problem, not mine. From a
rational standpoint, the theist is making the claim. From the
standpoint of the evidence, it's an extraordinary claim. After
seriously studying the evidence, I find the likelihood of the
"supernatural" extremely unlikely..and therefore, UNIMPORTANT.
I don't believe anything is supernatural, and that God would not be if he
exists. Instead it would all be natural but just unusual for us.
Post by p***@hotmail.com
Why do
so many thiests have a problem understanding such a simple concept?
There's a reason we crack those old chestnuts about Santa & the Tooth
Fairy all the time..it's trying to get it through a theist's head that
the concepts actually *are* equally vacuous within our own.
They are nothing alike. That you can't appreciate that fact shows a HUGE
limitation on your way of thinking.
Post by p***@hotmail.com
I don't *care* if gods exist.
It doesn't matter whether you care or not. If they don't exist they wouldn't
suddenly begin to exist if you learned to care.
Post by p***@hotmail.com
The only reason I discuss it is that
many of the people who *do* care wish to harm modern societies. Seems
to me that one way to protect those societies is to show the complete
rational bankruptcy of god-belief,
You don't have any more idea whether or not gods exist than anyone else
does. In fact with your restrictions on your own thinking you are necessarily in
the group of most clueless people on Earth about the possibilities.
Post by p***@hotmail.com
and hope that otherwise rational
people will find the ability to reject that nonsense after being
exposed to the evidence. Fewer "godbots" means fewer bad decisions in
the ballot box, fewer restraints on human rights (most theistic
traditions are quite "tribal" and exclusionary), and a focus upon the
long-term view, rather than the short-term.
I'm snipping the rest of your projections, since they're based on a
faulty premise.
LOL!!! None are. That means they contained information you're afraid to
think about. You are similar to eliminationists in that you restrict your
thinking and pick and choose what you will and will not allow yourself to take
into consideration, so nothing threatens what you WANT to believe. You have
built a little mental safety zone which you're afraid to stick even one nostril
out of, and it seems you have been afraid since you were a child. I of course
wonder why, and you of course can never afford to say.
SkyEyes
2011-09-07 22:20:48 UTC
[...]
I'll be happy to consider the possibility that some god exists. Got
any objective, verifiable evidence that any god exists? When you do,
get back to me. Until then, I lack faith in any god. I simply don't
know. Why "have faith" in something that can't be shown to exist?
Should I also "have faith" in leprechauns? Elves? Vampires?

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com
d***@.
2011-09-08 16:53:32 UTC
Post by d***@.
[...]
There is no question of my having "faith" that there is no god.
Yes there is Goob. You either have faith that he does not, or you don't. If
you don't then you outstupid yourself when you criticize people for believing
that he does exist, Goo. If you do, then you outstupid yourself when you deny
your own faith in that possibility being the correct one. The only way for you
to get out of that position is to either openly accept the possibility that God
might exist, or openly acknowledge your faith in the possibility that he does
not.
Mike Lovell
2011-09-08 17:09:46 UTC
Post by d***@.
Yes there is Goob. You either have faith that he does not, or you don't. If
you don't then you outstupid yourself when you criticize people for believing
that he does exist, Goo. If you do, then you outstupid yourself when you deny
your own faith in that possibility being the correct one. The only way for you
to get out of that position is to either openly accept the possibility that God
might exist, or openly acknowledge your faith in the possibility that he does
not.
I don't have the post this is a response to (possibly user agent I
blocked due to SPAM).

But it seems to me as if Goob is taking the position of a old fashion
atheist, in believing God doesn't exist.

Most atheists here take the position that we do not believe in God. The
absence of belief. A neutral position.

While it's not a good idea to ever say anything is 100% impossible it's
sensible to be pragmatic and go with the body of evidence coupled with
common sense.
Mike
d***@.
2011-09-13 19:55:02 UTC
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by d***@.
Yes there is Goob. You either have faith that he does not, or you don't. If
you don't then you outstupid yourself when you criticize people for believing
that he does exist, Goo. If you do, then you outstupid yourself when you deny
your own faith in that possibility being the correct one. The only way for you
to get out of that position is to either openly accept the possibility that God
might exist, or openly acknowledge your faith in the possibility that he does
not.
I don't have the post this is a response to (possibly user agent I
blocked due to SPAM).
But it seems to me as if Goob is taking the position of a old fashion
atheist, in believing God doesn't exist.
That's the strong atheist position. The weak atheist position is to not have
a belief, which would involve considering the possibility that God does exist.
The lame atheist position is to be a strong atheist yet deny having the faith
required in order to be one.
Post by Mike Lovell
Most atheists here take the position that we do not believe in God. The
absence of belief. A neutral position.
People in that position are in no position to ridicule others for believing
in God, or for considering the possibility of his existence.
Post by Mike Lovell
While it's not a good idea to ever say anything is 100% impossible it's
sensible to be pragmatic and go with the body of evidence coupled with
common sense.
OK. Humans have learned to do quite a bit in 10K years even though our
progress really has been pathetically slow because of our tendency to work
against each other instead of together. Considering what humans have learned to
do, and how many galaxies there are, it seems more than likely that some beings
in some places have developed to the point that they could be considered Gods.
Whether or not any of them are associated with this planet is a bigger question,
but there's evidence that they are regardless of whether they are or not, or how
much of it people can and cannot appreciate.
d***@.
2011-09-13 19:55:12 UTC
Post by d***@.
Post by d***@.
Post by d***@.
[...]
Not something I ever claimed.
If you do NOT believe it Goob, then you have outstupided yourself every time
you've ever been insulting to someone for believing in God or considering the
possibility of his existence. It's yet another way you outstupid yourself Goo.
Post by d***@.
faith that you're correct.
There is no question of my having "faith" that there is no god.
Yes there is Goob. You either have faith that he does not, or you don't.
No, that's false.
LOL!!! Do you think you only "sort of" believe he doesn't exist, Goo?
George Plimpton
2011-09-13 19:12:53 UTC
Post by d***@.
Post by d***@.
Post by d***@.
Post by d***@.
So you concede that you don't know whether God exists or not any better than
anyone else does Goo and your faith
It is not a question of faith in any way.
Goober if you believe God does not exist
Not something I ever claimed.
If you do NOT believe it
Show that I said I believed it, Fuckwit <chortle>
Post by d***@.
Post by d***@.
faith that you're correct.
There is no question of my having "faith" that there is no god.
Yes there is
No, that's false.
LOL!!! Do you think you only "sort of" believe he doesn't exist
I never said, Fuckwit. Anyway, what I actually think about it is not a
matter of belief or "faith".

d***@.
2011-09-13 19:55:59 UTC
So you concede that you don't know whether God exists or not any
better
than
anyone else does Goo and your faith is in no way superior to anyone
else's
It's not "faith" to reject unproven hypotheses,
The degree to which a person believes something is how much faith
they
have
in it being correct.
That's not what religious "faith" means. Religious faith
Faith is the same in all situations. You have it or you don't, whether
it's
that God exists or that cows piss.
No, it isn't. That cows piss is knowledge gained by repeated and verifiable
physical observations. There's no "faith" involved.
faith (fth)
n.
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea,
or thing.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/faith
. . .
Belief that something is correct
Is faith that it's correct. LOL...I've even known people to claim that
they
don't have faith in anything at all.
It's not "faith". Faith that the sun will appear in the morning is not the
same as faith that a Supreme Being guides your life.
Yes it is. Faith is faith. The reasons why people have faith is what
differs, but not the faith itself. If someone really doesn't have faith then
they don't, but if they do they do. Duh. LOL...you certainly do seem to have a
lot of trouble with obvious things like this. To think you don't have faith in
anything is both stupid and ignorant.
based on solid, verifiable evidence is the
exact opposite of religious faith.
You consistently mess everything up by equivocating on fundamental
concepts.
What I do is think things through a lot more than you do.
You think badly, you confuse and misunderstand concepts.
LOL! What I do is think through your attempted barricades to further
thinking...LOL...and really I can't help but believe you do understand that
much. MAYBE you really don't, and I have certainly overestimated you before even
though I've always had a low opinion, but I still can't help believing that you
ARE aware of what I pointed out and of course try to build your barricades in
your attempts to protect the misnomer.
Your comprehension
level is that of a primary school student.
You know better than that too. You're just parroting me because I've pointed
out that things you tell me are to me, like if a young child told you strawberry
milk comes from pink cows would be to you. Rupert is below where the kids in my
6th grade class were and so are you. According to you, before your unlearning
you were about at the level we were in 6th grade, but now after your unlearning
you are below that level. Actually I don't believe you've ever gotten to that
level at all, and you were being dishonest when you pretended to be by saying
things like:

"We give them life. They give us their lives, and our
lifestyles. It's a mutually beneficial contract" - "Dutch"
I also have a lot
more interest in the truth. That makes a huge difference. If you did then
we
would have quit arguing years ago back before your unlearning. I still
believe
Goo had a big influence on you there and that you MIGHT actually have
become
what you act like you would like to be--a true AW supporter
I am an AW supporter,
No, you're not. IF you really believe you are some people might say that
means you are, but it does not because you suck at it so extremely badly that
you literally do oppose it. Remember I've pointed that fact out to you many
times. LOL...no one reading your comments would ever be encouraged to accept AW
over the misnomer because of something you've written since your unlearning.
and an opponent of the real misnomer, The LoL,
LOL!!!! You suck so badly at pretending to be an AW supporter, that you just
called your own insulting way of referring to appreciation for lives of positive
value for animals, "the real misnomer"...LOL!
which you falsely present as AW.
In contrast to your dishonesty, a person can certainly appreciate lives of
positive value for livestock when they are the result of AW regulations as well
as when they are not. You can do neither, which is one of the ways you reveal
yourself as I've pointed out to you a number of times.