Are aliens avoiding Earth?
Mr. B1ack
2016-09-25 02:22:43 UTC
Are aliens avoiding Earth?

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/09/23/are-aliens-avoiding-earth.html?intcmp=latestnews

OK ... this is just bad science journalism that serves no
purpose other than to be a nasty dig against humans by
other humans.

We have no aliens to ask. Hell, we may be the only
"intelligent" species in the whole galaxy ... not as if
our surveys have revealed a lot of "nice" planets.
"Nice" - ie possibly condusive to the development
of "our kind" of life - is an extremely rare thing. We
have now cataloged thousands of planets and only
two or three MIGHT be "nice".

Therefore we have no clue what aliens, if any, might
think about Earth and humans. Gee ... maybe they
LIKE feisty aggressive races and would LOVE our
company - we just don't know.

So why was this story here ? It's just indirect social
commentary ... one human dissing what he doesn't
like about other humans by speculating that aliens
(or 'god' too I guess) are disgusted with our humanness.
It's a proxy attack.

Leave this crap on the conspiracy sites and the H2
channel .............
None of the Above
2016-09-25 05:51:09 UTC
Post by Mr. B1ack
Are aliens avoiding Earth?
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/09/23/are-aliens-avoiding-earth.html?intcmp=latestnews
OK ... this is just bad science journalism that serves no
purpose other than to be a nasty dig against humans by
other humans.
We have no aliens to ask. Hell, we may be the only
"intelligent" species in the whole galaxy ... not as if
our surveys have revealed a lot of "nice" planets.
"Nice" - ie possibly condusive to the development
of "our kind" of life - is an extremely rare thing. We
have now cataloged thousands of planets and only
two or three MIGHT be "nice".
This is likely because we do not yet have the tools to identify
Earth-like planets easily.

But the rest of your post makes sense.
channel .............
Mr. B1ack
2016-09-25 06:15:08 UTC
Post by None of the Above
Post by Mr. B1ack
Are aliens avoiding Earth?
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/09/23/are-aliens-avoiding-earth.html?intcmp=latestnews
OK ... this is just bad science journalism that serves no
purpose other than to be a nasty dig against humans by
other humans.
We have no aliens to ask. Hell, we may be the only
"intelligent" species in the whole galaxy ... not as if
our surveys have revealed a lot of "nice" planets.
"Nice" - ie possibly condusive to the development
of "our kind" of life - is an extremely rare thing. We
have now cataloged thousands of planets and only
two or three MIGHT be "nice".
This is likely because we do not yet have the tools to identify
Earth-like planets easily.
Um ... sort of do, sort of don't.

We CAN ascertain size and orbital distance. This tells
us quite a lot. Some CAN be probed for very rough
characteristics ... overall temperature, perhaps whether
they keep one side towards their sun. It has been very
difficult to go any further though. Close planets like
the one around Centauri-B ... there may be ways to
get an idea about their atmospheres if we can get
a good backlit angle. The more distant though, well,
not until we can build huge telescopes on the moon.

All in all though ... VERY few candidates for "nice".
Rather depressing really. Something like 0.1 percent.
And of those, life of any kind isn't a given. "Intelligent"
life EXTREMELY unlikely. Wasn't even any here
until just the past 500,000 years or so. Dinos may
have become fairly smart, but clearly never reached
that 'transcendence' point where civilization and tech
became possible.

In any case I'm sick of super-bad "science" in the
press and on TV. Speculative fantasy, just plain
gobbldegook presented to Joe Citizen as "scientific".
It's just religion ... indeed even less well formed
than religions.