Christ of the Old Testament
Kaptain Krunch
2016-04-12 02:45:30 UTC
stationed in Egypt the Hebrews were put to task in making bricks for
Pharaoh.
There's zero historical evidence that Jews were enslaved in Egypt.
DENIED. Take one aside and ask
http://sarabe3.tripod.com/israeliteimages.html
Where are their big noses? They look Egyptian, not Jewish.
didn't keep the Egyptians from drawing the Hebrews in hard labor, didn't
it? No more be disgruntled.
Where's your evidence for that, assroid the disgruntacunt?
Aquiline nose! Just look at the guy kneeling with a tool. Also, if you
scroll down you see a comparison of the races. Look at the one entitled
"Close-up of Israelite captives."
I guess these pictures don't exist because they don't fit your fictitious
preconceptions.
AGREED but the Athiest needs to take a break. Thusly: "Come unto me
all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take
my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye
shall find rest unto your souls, for my yoke is easy and my burden is
light" (Matt 11:28 KJV)
Jimbo
http://www.olypen.com/gerrit/index.php
Jeanne Douglas
2016-04-12 03:01:10 UTC
Post by Kaptain Krunch
[...]
What does that quote have to do with atheism or the real world?
--
JD

"If ANYONE will not welcome you or listen to
your words, LEAVE that home or town and shake
the dust off your feet." Matthew 10:14
Kaptain Krunch
2016-04-12 13:19:48 UTC
There are many trees in Paradise, Genesis says, not just the Tree of the
Knowledge of Good and Evil and the Tree of Life. Jewish/Christian/Mandaean
tradition is that the trees are allegory.
DENIED. Whatever it was (the tree of Knowledge) it killed the entire
human race except 3 people.
Ezekiel talks about the Trees, where Eden and the desired Second Temple are a
dream vision, all mixed together. It's clearly allegory.
AGREED
Philo and the Historical Jesus and the Mandaean followers of John the Baptist
list 5 trees. Philo's and the Mandaean list are close to the same. Jesus
doesn't list them. Philo says flat out explicitly the Trees are allegory. The
Jesus and Mandaean Trees are very similar. Do/did the Mandaeans and did Jesus
consider it allegory? Jesus more than the Mandaeans. Hard to say about the
Mandaeans, it's secret, they are mad at Jesus for blabbing their secrets.
WHO CARES about the "historical Jesus"? It is the biblical Jesus that
is real. PHILO? is that Philo's Deli in Alexandria? He gave up his
past food job to talk about philosophy. Mandaeans?? They throw part of
the Bible away because it (the Bible) doesn't appreciate some of the
things they are doing.
MORE: Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the World and that is no allegory.
"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"
(John 3 KJV)
Jimbo
http://www.olypen.com/gerrit/index.php
Jeanne Douglas

Virgil
2016-04-13 03:12:16 UTC
Post by Kaptain Krunch
WHO CARES about the "historical Jesus"?
It is the biblical Jesus that is real.
How can the myth be reality if the reality is mythic?
--
Virgil
"Mit der Dummheit kampfen Gotter selbst vergebens." (Schiller)
Kaptain Krunch
2016-04-14 01:48:06 UTC
Post by Virgil
Post by Kaptain Krunch
WHO CARES about the "historical Jesus"?
It is the biblical Jesus that is real.
How can the myth be reality if the reality is mythic?
GREAT QUESTION. Here is a great statement. "God so loved the world
that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him
should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3 KJV)
See how easy it is?
Jimbo
http://www.olypen.com/gerrit/index.php
Jeanne Douglas
2016-04-14 12:48:35 UTC
Post by Kaptain Krunch
Post by Virgil
Post by Kaptain Krunch
WHO CARES about the "historical Jesus"?
It is the biblical Jesus that is real.
How can the myth be reality if the reality is mythic?
GREAT QUESTION. Here is a great statement. "God so loved the world
that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him
should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3 KJV)
What does that quote have to do with the question you were asked? And
what does it have to do with the real world?

duke
2016-04-14 17:17:39 UTC
Post by Kaptain Krunch
Post by Virgil
Post by Kaptain Krunch
WHO CARES about the "historical Jesus"?
It is the biblical Jesus that is real.
How can the myth be reality if the reality is mythic?
GREAT QUESTION. Here is a great statement. "God so loved the world
that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him
should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3 KJV)
See how easy it is?
Jimbo
Virgil's goose is cooked, carved and consumed.

the dukester, American-American

*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
e***@hotmail.com
2016-04-29 16:38:48 UTC
No. Circular reasoning will only make you dizzy. You can't quote the bible as proof that the bible is true.

In his book, "Asimov's Guide to the Bible - Vol. 2 The New Testoment" Isaac Asimov determines that there was an itinerant preacher name Joshua Ben Joseph (Christ was certainly not his last name, nor would any one of the time and place have called him Jesus.) Tje moricles and the ressurection are a matter of faith.
e***@hotmail.com
2016-04-29 17:22:20 UTC
Post by e***@hotmail.com
No. Circular reasoning will only make you dizzy. You can't quote the bible as proof that the bible is true.
In his book, "Asimov's Guide to the Bible - Vol. 2 The New Testoment" Isaac Asimov determines that there was an itinerant preacher name Joshua Ben Joseph (Christ was certainly not his last name, nor would any one of the time and place have called him Jesus.) Tje moricles and the ressurection are a matter of faith.
Wow. I'm sorry. Bad typing on a cell phone;

"The miracles and the ressurection are a matter of faith."

There is no third party verification of any of the events mentioned in the Bible.
We Will Always Hang FagZ And Castare Jews
2017-02-26 20:30:02 UTC
Post by Kaptain Krunch
AGREED but the Athiest needs to take a break. Thusly: "Come unto me
all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take
my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye
shall find rest unto your souls, for my yoke is easy and my burden is
light" (Matt 11:28 KJV)
Jimbo
Thomas Jefferson was the Chief Atheist......who fucked this country up.
Post by Kaptain Krunch
--
http://www.olypen.com/gerrit/index.php