Evolutionary Theorist Concedes: Evolution “Largely Avoids” Biggest Questions of Biological Origins
Bob Casanova
2017-09-05 17:37:56 UTC
On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 11:43:11 -0700, the following appeared in
talk.origins, posted by John Harshman
<***@pacbell.net>:

Test post; nothing I've posted in this thread, and *only* in
this thread, has gotten through in talk.origins, so it's
time to try another group, one that's unmoderated.
5. When it comes to peer reviewed work, you've cited yourself twice. And no one else has cited you.
How do you know?
Pubmed is a good first pass. It lists other articles in Pubmed that cite
each work. No citations for either of your papers.
Give it time John. My work is noticed even though you are unwilling
to accept it. These paper give the correct explanation of how rmns
works. It took a while before people who believed the earth was flat
to come around to the truth. What are you going to do now that you
know that your philosophical bent is based on a falsehood?
Yeah, I don't think you're going to collect many citations, but who
knows? Maybe you have a couple of friends somewhere.
I've already got friends who are interested in how drug resistance
occurs. With the advent of targeted cancer therapies, these
principles will be important as well. I just wonder how many times
people will be hurt by cancer treatments that initially look
promising but then fail because of a few resistant variant cells.
So maybe you'll eventually get a citation. Still, none so far, which was
what you asked about.
This flat earth idea hasn't been accepted by educated people for
somewhere around 2500 years, with one major exception: it was promoted
by a number of Christian theologians because that's what the bible says.
It still is by a few extreme fundamentalists.
You missed the analogy, evolutionism is our modern version of the
flat earth mentality. Just as a wouldn't expect flat earthers to
present the evidence that the earth isn't flat, I wouldn't expect
evolutionists to present the evidence that the theory of evolution
isn't true.
And I just pointed out that there are actual flat-earthers, but they're
more like you -- biblical literalists -- than me. The "flat earth
mentality" is a Christian thing.
We all know what the evolutionist thing is. So if in your mind your
philosophical bent is settled science, what is that selection
pressure that turns reptiles into birds? Don't forget to tell us the
genes targeted and the mutations required.
I don't know and it doesn't matter at all to my work, which relies only
on the presence of homologous characters, however they got there.
So you ignore all the non-homologous characters.
I wish you'd stop saying "reptiles", by the way. It's an out-dated term.
The ancestors of birds are theropod dinosaurs. If you'd look at a fossil
or two you would see some of the various feathered theropods.
How did the therapods get their feathers? Tell us the selection
pressure required, the genes targeted and the mutations required.
Your philosophical bent is settled science so you should know this.
No, that has nothing to do with my sort of science. We do know that
feathers evolved gradually, because there are theropods with several
intermediate states.
And as I have mentioned before, what I do has nothing to do with natural
selection.
That doesn't surprise me. You are not an expert in probability theory
and you are not an expert in natural selection.
Neither are you. You know a little about probability, but it's almost
entirely the ability to recite "the multiplication rule of
probabilities", and you know nothing about natural selection, since
you're unable to notice that you don't take it into account in your
math. I know more than that, at least.
There seems to be a publisher which disagrees with you.
How do you know that? You passed some probably perfunctory peer review
from reviewers who don't know much about evolutionary biology. Did any
of the reviewer comments compliment you on how well you had dealt with
natural selection in your math?
John, I don't mind when you act like a dummy, but I do mind when you
become an obnoxious jerk. People have put their reputations on the
line to publish my work and they gave me the ultimate compliment,
they published it.
You have an exaggerated idea of what reviewers and publishers do. As for
"reputation", your journal only has an impact factor of 1.8 something.
Now if you wanted to find out who these people
are, it wouldn't be too difficult. In fact, 15 faculty members from
universities all across Europe allowed their names to be listed under
my Layman's Abstract for which I am very grateful. You evolutionists
have been very good at destroying careers of those who don't agree
with you but I think you are incredibly stupid if you try to attack
these people.
How many of them are population geneticists? How many of them are even
biologists?
--
Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov
Bruce S
2017-09-08 15:23:56 UTC
Post by Bob Casanova
On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 11:43:11 -0700, the following appeared in
talk.origins, posted by John Harshman
Test post; nothing I've posted in this thread, and *only* in
this thread, has gotten through in talk.origins, so it's
time to try another group, one that's unmoderated.
<snip highly offensive racist homophobic islamophobic sexist literally
nazi screed>

I'M COMPLAINING TO THE MODERATORS AND GETTING THIS TAKEN DOWN!!!!!
Bob Casanova
2017-09-08 16:46:22 UTC
On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 09:23:56 -0600, the following appeared in
Post by Bruce S
Post by Bob Casanova
On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 11:43:11 -0700, the following appeared in
talk.origins, posted by John Harshman
Test post; nothing I've posted in this thread, and *only* in
this thread, has gotten through in talk.origins, so it's
time to try another group, one that's unmoderated.
<snip highly offensive racist homophobic islamophobic sexist literally
nazi screed>
I'M COMPLAINING TO THE MODERATORS AND GETTING THIS TAKEN DOWN!!!!!
Uh-huh...
--
Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov
Bruce S
2017-09-10 23:26:59 UTC
Post by Bruce S
Post by Bob Casanova
On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 11:43:11 -0700, the following appeared in
Test post; nothing I've posted in this thread, and *only* in this
thread, has gotten through in talk.origins, so it's time to try
another group, one that's unmoderated.
<snip highly offensive racist homophobic islamophobic sexist
literally nazi screed>
I'M COMPLAINING TO THE MODERATORS AND GETTING THIS TAKEN DOWN!!!!!
Uh-huh...
I tried to post the above, but ran into server problems
(eternalseptember has been sick). I then tried to send you an email to
let you know that your post was visible, but hadn't noticed your email
address is as valid as certain people's belief systems. Fortunately,
eternalseptember recovered so I was able to post after all. What a
relief. I hope you enjoyed the post, and this explanation of the series
of events. Short story: your posting in this thread worked just fine
for sci.skeptic.
Bob Casanova
2017-09-11 16:46:13 UTC
Post by Bruce S
Post by Bob Casanova
[...]
Thanks. It *seems* to have been some sort of glitch in the
"Subject:" line; when I re-typed it and posted a third time
everything worked fine for all nine posts. Hidden
characters? Evil spirits? Phase of the moon? Or maybe it was
all coincidence, and the third attempt would have worked if
I hadn't done anything but re-send the posts.

Damfino...
--
Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov
Bruce S
2017-09-11 22:07:39 UTC
Post by Bruce S
Post by Bob Casanova
[...]
Probably the "third attempt" thing. I don't know your astrological
sign, but there was a recent horoscope for Cancer in America's Finest
News Source about there being food in the fridge the third time you open
the door. Maybe that extends to Usenet posts as well. The Stars move
in mysterious ways, at least to those who haven't solved the n-body
problem.
Bob Casanova
2017-09-12 16:45:42 UTC
Post by Bruce S
Post by Bob Casanova
[...]
All valid points, to be sure. Now to accrue additional
wisdom...

Ommmmm......

Ommmmm......
--